(IgniteGirls+ member Tanya R. pictured above)
Life has been crazy these days. I just completed my training in order to become a Flywheel instructor and I’m super excited to be teaching. Although I’ve taught indoor cycling for almost 7 years, the Flywheel method has already strengthened me as an instructor. The classes are run with precision, amazing energy and with the use of tech-packs on each of the custom-designed bikes. Each tech pack tells you how hard you are working by displaying your Torq (resistance), speed (RPM’s) and overall exerted watts of energy (current and total power). If you haven’t tried a class yet, I would encourage you to try one! Or just come to Atlanta and book a bike with me 🙂
And since life has been crazy, this blog post has also been overdue. If you have The IgniteGirls Life nutrition plan, you know that protein is a staple item to include in each meal throughout the day. (And if you don’t have it, get on that!) While it’s not always convenient to find grilled chicken breast, here are 5 IgniteGirls healthy snacks on-the-go:
- protein shake made with unsweetened almond milk and a small apple (I like Jamie Eason’s Lean Body for Her whey isolate or Zero Carb ISOPURE protein powders)
- plain greek yogurt topped with honey, berries and low-sugar granola (look for something under 6g of sugar per serving) (or make this Peach Parfait recipe in a glass tupperware to go)
- tuna salad “dip” with crackers and sliced raw carrots, bell peppers and green beans (swap the mayo for greek yogurt and/or avocado)
- P28 peanut butter and jelly sandwich (P28 has 28g of protein in 2 slices of bread or 1 whole bagel. They have protein spreads too.)
- a few Strawberry Shortcake Protein Cupcakes and a handful of raw almonds
What are your favorite on-the-go healthy snacks that have protein? Hard-boiled eggs are another favorite of mine, and once they are made, they are easy to grab on my way out the door.
Enter to win a FREE Blender Bottle!
- Download an IgniteGirls workout you want to try (free on the blog!).
- Complete your IgniteGirls workout.
- Snap a post-workout sweaty selfie and tag me on Instagram!
(I can’t see it if you’re set to private.)
PS. Your entry counts twice if you ALSO leave a comment on the blog post you downloaded the workout from!
If you want to start training with me to lose weight and join over 40+ other members, check out the IgniteGirls+ training program. Only 4 workouts per week! I’ll tell you exactly what to do in the gym.